Sistah Sistah Foundation is excited to announce a new project: an African feminist anthology meant to celebrate and highlight African women through storytelling. It is aimed at telling African stories through African voices, especially womxn and minority groups. We aim to create a new foundation tool that helps young African Feminists advocate for causes they believe in through stories, and to help young writers launch their work as a platform for their voices.
Selected writers will be provided with an honorarium of $100 and will still own the rights to their work.
All proceeds from the anthology will fund a training program for women living in safe houses who lack financial independence. The goal is to equip them with skills, jobs, and financial capital to build their lives and attain liberation.
Anthology theme: African Women’s Tales.
Submission genre: fiction.
Writers of all experience levels are encouraged to submit work.
- All work must be original and should not have been published elsewhere
- The stories must be about African women
- Stories should be by Africans
- Fiction only (stories inspired by real lives are welcome)
- Stories must be based on the African Continent
- No deeply distressing stories
- No triggering scenes like sexual assault
- Stories submitted should not be published in other publications and sites at least 4 months after the book publication
- Story submissions should be between 4,000-5,000 words
- We prefer to have submissions sent via email in a Word Document format firstname.lastname@example.org or Chanda@sistahsistah.org with “The Feminist: African Women’s Tales ” in the subject line
- Stories should be submitted in Times Roman 11
- All submissions require your name, address, contact number, email address, and a short bio
- The deadline for submissions is midnight of 3 March 2023 CAT
Please direct any questions you may have to email@example.com.