The 20.35 Africa team is looking for two editorial interns.
The first internship is for graphic design, but we will prioritize applicants who are passionate about poetry or literature. The second intern will work with one of our editors, Portia Opare, on the “Conversations” series, and must also be passionate about contemporary poetry.
As an editorial intern at 20.35 Africa, you will also work with other members of the team and experience the entire scope of operation of a small non-profit literary organization, including compiling, publicizing, and publishing a digital anthology. General administrative support will be shared among interns.
Graphic Design Intern: Requirements
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Adobe (especially Photoshop).
- Portfolio of work in graphic design, as well as a CV.
- Demo versions of a newsletter, book cover, and advertisement.
Editorial Intern: Requirements
- Demonstrated interest in contemporary African poetry.
- Basic proofreading and copy-editing skills.
- Editorial experience (poetry and prose equally required).
- Experience with small project management and timeline maintenance.
- Excellent email, online, and virtual communication skills.
- Basic word processing skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Word and Google Docs.
- Ability to familiarize oneself with a poet’s work and to derive insightful questions about their craft and commitments.
Interested applicants are to send along a resume/CV and a brief cover letter with a focus on arts, literary, and editorial experience.
Please note that this is a volunteer role. While we are working towards being able to pay every member of our team in the near future, we can only offer remuneration in the form of Internet costs.
All applications should be emailed to email@example.com and should have the heading: APPLICATION FOR EDITORIAL/GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN. The application window will stay open until the position is filled.
For further enquiries, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.